Thursday, January 27, 2011

love story

May 2042 - Georgia London, Alison Cameron, Harper Myers, and Toby Wright are 16.

Warning: This story is intended for mature readers and contains sexual situations.

Since Alison had her baby, Georgia has been spending most of her time with her friends in Bridgeport. Her parents aren't thrilled with her going into the city on school nights, but they're so busy with work it isn't hard for her to sneak out. Her friends in the city don't have cars, but they have access to their parents' credit cards to rent a town car for the night.

She's started dating Will Gray, a sophomore from Bridgeport.

"Prom is coming up," she says. "Do you want to go?"

"Sure," he says. "We should practice."

Georgia assumed Alison wouldn't be able to go to prom, but Alison's mom agreed to watch Bella so Alison could go.

"But I don't have a date," Alison says. "I asked Toby, but he's going with Harper."

"Maybe one of Will's friends can come with you," Georgia suggests.

The four of them meet at the prom. Alison's date is Will's friend Grayson Wheeler.

"Hi Alison, it's nice to meet you."

"Hi Grayson."

Georgia and Will try to make sure Alison and Grayson have a good time together.

"Grayson is on the soccer team and the cross country team," Georgia says.

"I used to run cross country," Alison says.

"Yeah, I remember seeing you at the meets," says Grayson. "So do you want to dance?"

Dancing with Will at prom is just as magical as Georgia thought it would be. But out of the corner of her eye, she can't help but notice that Alison isn't impressed by Will's dance moves. She follows her friends gaze to Toby, his arms wrapped around Harper.

"Hey Toby," Alison says. "I've missed you. Can we dance?"

"I'm here with Harper, Alison."

Georgia rushes Alison to the bathroom. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just didn't think it would be this hard to see him with her."

They both freeze when the door opens. "What are you doing here?" Alison asks.

"It's the bathroom," Harper says.

"Well get out. We're talking in here."

"You can't push me around," Harper says. "I didn't do anything to you."

"You're here with her boyfriend," Georgia says.

"He's not your boyfriend anymore. You guys broke up."

Georgia and Alison escape back in the lobby.

"This isn't how I thought prom would go," says Alison. "I shouldn't have come."

Georgia feels a wave of sympathy for her best friend. Tonight Alison will be going home to her baby. She doesn't spend her weekends partying in the city. "Come on, you can't miss your prom. Let's take some prom pictures."

"These are for couples," Alison points out.

"So?"

"Everyone has to have a prom picture," Georgia says.

"Yeah, and I don't have a boyfriend to take pictures with."

"Sorry you didn't hit it off with Grayson."

"He's a nice guy. I just don't think I'm ready to date."

They head back inside for a little while, but soon Alison has to head home.

"Where's Grayson? I should say goodbye."

"I haven't seen him in a while." They head back into the lobby. "Do you hear that?"

"Someone's fooling around in the photobooth," Alison giggles.

Nothing could have prepared them for who steps out of the photobooth.

"Oh, hey guys," says Grayson. "I was just coming to look for you. I'm going to head out soon."

"Uh so am I," says Alison. "Thanks for coming with me."

"Yeah sure. Good night."

*****

That last shot is not my doing; Grayson and Cynthia Kim jumped into that photo booth autonomously. As a reminder to readers, Cynthia Kim is the wife of Robert Kim and mother of Justin and Julie. At first I wasn't sure if I should include it in the update or pretend it didn't happen, but I've decided that I have to write it into the story. Grayson is almost 16 (I age up all of my Sims at the beginning of August, so he's still 15 but only for a few more months), and in the US the age of consent in most states is 16. So Cynthia will not be going to jail, although this will certainly have a big effect on her marriage and family.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, what a hard prom for Alison I feel bad for her. Horrible date, ex boyfriend with new girl, just too much for one girl! The prom pictures, dresses, and dining arrangement was all really nice though. I suppose Grayson had an enjoyable evening... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks retromaisie! This is only the second time I've staged a prom, and I'm still trying out different setups and decorations. It's a lot of work, but I like getting the teens dressed up.

    I intended for this update to focus more on Georgia, but Alison and her drama ended up overshadowing her. And Grayson - whoa! We'll have to check on the Kim family soon to see what happens with Cynthia and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craziness at the prom! Cougar alert!

    ReplyDelete