Tuesday, August 3, 2010

you and I

November 2034 - Sheila and Tommy Ottomas are 24, Katie is four months.


Tommy and Sheila moved into their first house last spring, shortly before the birth of their daughter Katie. She has her mother's blonde hair and light blue eyes.

The cats love living in a house. The house doesn't have a lot of furniture yet, and the living room is still completely empty. The cats love to sit in the bay window and look out the window.

The cats' things are set up in a small hallway off the kitchen.

Since Tommy and Sheila both work, they hire a nanny to stay with Katie during the day.

Tommy gets home first and takes care of Katie alone while Sheila is still at work. It's hard to take care of an infant, especially since they both work, but they do their best to trade off parenting duties.

Tommy's mother Samantha comes over a lot to help. She's good friends with her daughter-in-law, and she loves having another grandchild.

"She's so beautiful, Tommy," Samantha sighs.

"Yeah she is."

Samantha is a big help to Tommy and Sheila. A lot of nights she stays long enough to cook dinner for them and helps feed and change Katie.

Sheila loves being a wife and mother. She and Tommy have been in love since they were eighteen, and she's so happy to have a family with him.

5 comments:

  1. They're very lucky to have a doting grandma around who doesn't mind helping them out! I'm sure that makes taking care of the baby and themselves a bit easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, I love it when my couples get their first houses!

    I alway think its a pity you can't hire a family member like Samantha, or other playable sim as the nanny! I think you can get apartment neighbours to watch the kids (although I've never done it) but it would make sense to have any close family member babysit as this happens all the time in r/l.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wish you could hire a family member or other sim to be the nanny. I found a mod a while back that would let do that, but I don't think it was updated for all of the expansion packs, and at 6 PM they would age. It would be great to find a way around this, but I don't know that much about creating mods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a hack at InSim (I think) that allows you to ask your neighbor to watch the kids. You have to have Apartment Life installed. But I have been using it for awhile and it works well. I just call over a family member and ask them to watch the kids, than the parents go off to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks oasisvalley! I will have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete