Monday, June 18, 2012

back from a long hiatus

It's hard to believe that it's been more than six months since my last post. What have I been up to in that time?
The main thing that's been keeping me busy these past few months is school. In May I finished my graduate thesis, concluding six years of graduate school and a total of twenty-three consecutive years of schooling. I'm starting a job in October, and while I have things I need to wrap up before then, my work load has dramatically descreased. The other thing that has been distracting me from The Sims 2 is The Sims 3. I started playing The Sims 3 last fall, and I quickly got hooked; however, now I'm ready to quit and go back to The Sims 2. At first I loved the open neighborhood in The Sims 3, but eventually I got frustrated not being able to control all of the Sims in my neighborhood. Although The Sims 3 has some really cool features, overall I think The Sims 2 is better suited to my playing style. I played my Providence neighborhood today for the first time in six months, and I'm really excited about picking up this story again. I finished playing and taking pictures for my next update, and I'm hoping to have it written and posted sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment