Sunday, February 20, 2011

here comes the bride

October 2042 - Priya and Sanjay Ramaswami are 53, Gavin Newson and Anthony Cooke are 25, Anjali and Padma Ramaswami are 24.

On a beautiful fall afternoon, Priya and Sanjay drive to Bridgeport for the wedding of their daughter Padma. Priya and Sanjay are happy about the wedding, although Priya wishes Anjali were getting married.

"Anjali and Anthony have been together a lot longer than Padma and Gavin," Priya points out.

"I know," says Sanjay, "but she says she's not interested in marriage."

Gavin's brothers and sisters are so excited to see their big brother get married. The Newsons have been very close since their mother's death. His sister Ginger is there with her husband Adam Voss, and Gabriella is in from Lowell College with her fiance Cale Deppiesse. The youngest Newsons are Garrett and Georgia; they're only thirteen, and they're too young to bring dates to a wedding.

Padma's maid of honor is Anjali, and Gavin's best man is his sixteen-year-old brother Gallagher.

After more than five years and a child together, Gavin and Padma get married.

Congratulations Gavin and Padma Newson!

Sanjay kisses his daughter on the cheek. "Congratulations sweetie."

"Thanks Dad."

"The food in the reception hall smells amazing," Priya says.

"Well let's head over there," Padma laughs. "I'm starving."

But before they eat, Padma and Gavin have to have their first dance.

"She looks so beautiful," Priya says.

And then after dinner there's the ceremonial cutting of the cake.

"This cake is delicious," Priya says.

"I don't even know how many cakes Padma and I tasted," Gavin says. "It was at least a dozen."

"Well everything is wonderful," Priya says. "All of that planning and work paid off."

Gallagher and the twins Georgia and Garrett are the only kids there, but they have a good time hanging out at the kid's table.

"The next wedding will be ours," Gabriella tells her fiance Cale.

"And I can't wait," Cale says.

"Congratulations," Clara says. "Welcome to the old married club."

"Do you ever think about all of this?" Anthony asks. "You know, getting married?"

"Sometimes," Anjali says, "but I'm happy the way things are. We have each other, and we don't want to have kids yet."

"Not yet," Anthony agrees. "But someday?"

"Yes, someday."

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a gorgeous wedding! Padma's dress was beautiful, as was Anjali's.

    It reminds me that I need to update one of my lots so that I can hold some better weddings there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla! I found Padma's dress on modthesims.info, and Anjali's comes from Pronupsims (that's also where I got Priya's dress).

    I actually didn't decorate very much of the lot. I didn't even put wall covering on the outside of the building because I want to make a custom wall for it. I'm planning to fill the rest of the floors later so my sims can stay in the hotel and have dinner in the hotel restaurant.

    ReplyDelete